21 DAYS PRAYER FASTING (DAY 18)

1. Guidelines

a) Fasting confirms our utter dependence upon God by finding in Him a source of sustenance beyond food ... fasting unto our Lord therefore is feasting - feasting on Him and on doing His will. Fasting is designed to make prayer mount up on eagle's wings. If the motive to fast is proper, heaven is ready to bend its ear to listen when someone prays with fasting. Fasting can break through in the spiritual realm that could never be had in any other way.

b) How to fast? You are free to fast however the Spirit of God leads you. Here are some options:

i) TOTAL FAST - Abstain from solid food for 24 hours. Drink only water. If you choose to go for a total fast over the 21 days, please seek the advice of your doctor.

ii) 1-MEAL FAST - Sacrifice one full meal a day. For example: Lunch Fast or Dinner Fast.

iii) PARTIAL FAST - Abstain from solid food for any extended part of the day. Drink only water. The time frame is a matter of the individual commitment before the Lord. For example from sunrise (6.00 am) to sundown (6.00 pm) or a shorter period, 8.00 am to 4.00 pm, breaking fast with a light snack.

iv) DANIEL FAST - Abstain from meat and other favorite delicacies. Take only small portion of fresh vegetables, fruits and juices.

v) LIQUID FAST - Beside drinking water only, one can take various kinds of fluids, such as juices, broth, soya bean etc. It is wise to abstain from strong stimulants such as tea or coffee.

2. Day 18

a) Prayer Focus:

i) That our encounters with the Lord will enlighten us as to how He sees us and how He wants us to stand before Him!

b) Meditation:

i) Behold the Man

What Daniel saw literally drained him of all energy. The others with him fled even though they did not see this vision. A spiritual encounter could be so overpowering, like as it happened to Moses and Joshua (Exodus 3:1-6; Joshua 5:13-15).

However, the experience was not to terrify but to edify and to bring us to greater understanding.

c) Scripture:

i) Daniel 10:4-11 (NKJV)

Now on the twenty-fourth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, that is, the Tigris, I lifted my eyes and looked, and behold, a certain man clothed in linen, whose waist was girded with gold of Uphaz! His body was like beryl, his face like the appearance of lightning, his eyes like torches of fire, his arms and feet like burnished bronze in color, and the sound of his words like the voice of a multitude.

And I, Daniel, alone saw the vision, for the men who were with me did not see the vision; but a great terror fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves. Therefore I was left alone when I saw this great vision, and no strength remained in me; for my vigor was turned to frailty in me, and I retained no strength. Yet I heard the sound of his words; and while I heard the sound of his words I was in a deep sleep on my face, with my face to the ground.

Prophecies Concerning Persia and Greece

10 Suddenly, a hand touched me, which made me tremble on my knees and on the palms of my hands. 11 And he said to me, “O Daniel, man greatly beloved, understand the words that I speak to you, and stand upright, for I have now been sent to you.” While he was speaking this word to me, I stood trembling. 

Comments