21 DAYS PRAYER FASTING (DAY 19)

1. Guidelines

a) Fasting confirms our utter dependence upon God by finding in Him a source of sustenance beyond food ... fasting unto our Lord therefore is feasting - feasting on Him and on doing His will. Fasting is designed to make prayer mount up on eagle's wings. If the motive to fast is proper, heaven is ready to bend its ear to listen when someone prays with fasting. Fasting can break through in the spiritual realm that could never be had in any other way.

b) How to fast? You are free to fast however the Spirit of God leads you. Here are some options:

i) TOTAL FAST - Abstain from solid food for 24 hours. Drink only water. If you choose to go for a total fast over the 21 days, please seek the advice of your doctor.

ii) 1-MEAL FAST - Sacrifice one full meal a day. For example: Lunch Fast or Dinner Fast.

iii) PARTIAL FAST - Abstain from solid food for any extended part of the day. Drink only water. The time frame is a matter of the individual commitment before the Lord. For example from sunrise (6.00 am) to sundown (6.00 pm) or a shorter period, 8.00 am to 4.00 pm, breaking fast with a light snack.

iv) DANIEL FAST - Abstain from meat and other favorite delicacies. Take only small portion of fresh vegetables, fruits and juices.

v) LIQUID FAST - Beside drinking water only, one can take various kinds of fluids, such as juices, broth, soya bean etc. It is wise to abstain from strong stimulants such as tea or coffee.

2. Day 19

a) Prayer Focus:

i) That God's people will stand victorious in the on-going battle for the heart and soul of Israel and the church of our Lord Jesus Christ.

b) Meditation:

i) Spiritual Warfare

Daniel's encounter gave him greater insight as to how spiritual battles were fought. His 21 Days Fast correlates to the warfare amongst the powers and principalities for the welfare and future of God's people.

And for Daniel, he needed to hear the word, "Fear not, peace be unto you, be strong, yea, be strong."

c) Scripture:

i) Daniel 10:12-21 (NKJV)

12 Then he said to me, “Do not fear, Daniel, for from the first day that you set your heart to understand, and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard; and I have come because of your words. 13 But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me twenty-one days; and behold, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, for I had been left alone there with the kings of Persia. 14 Now I have come to make you understand what will happen to your people in the latter days, for the vision refers to many days yet to come.”

15 When he had spoken such words to me, I turned my face toward the ground and became speechless. 16 And suddenly, one having the likeness of the sons of men touched my lips; then I opened my mouth and spoke, saying to him who stood before me, “My lord, because of the vision my sorrows have overwhelmed me, and I have retained no strength. 17 For how can this servant of my lord talk with you, my lord? As for me, no strength remains in me now, nor is any breath left in me.” 

18 Then again, the one having the likeness of a man touched me and strengthened me. 19 And he said, “O man greatly beloved, fear not! Peace be to you; be strong, yes, be strong!”

So when he spoke to me I was strengthened, and said, “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”

20 Then he said, “Do you know why I have come to you? And now I must return to fight with the prince of Persia; and when I have gone forth, indeed the prince of Greece will come. 21 But I will tell you what is noted in the Scripture of Truth. (No one upholds me against these, except Michael your prince. 

Comments