PRAYING GOD'S WILL | DON'T UNDERSTAND GOD (4)

1. Praying God's Will

a) What should you pray for? Scripture is clear that you should pray God's word. At the same time, you must never forget that God is sovereign and that He is not obligated to a name-it-and-claim-it theology. God will always do what is best. But at the same time you will do well to understand that when you pray God's word, you are actually praying both the mind and the perfect will of God for yourself.

b) If you follow a systematic plan of praying God's will, you will see dynamic growth take place in your life. You will become the man God intended you to be.

2. Don't Understand God

Lord God, the words that I am about to pray are Your words. Hear them please and honor them. Help me to understand that because Your thoughts are often higher than my thoughts that I may not always understand Your thoughts and Your way. Remind me of Your promise that if I will call upon You, You will tell me great and unsearchable things that I do not know. I now pray Your word to You in Jesus' name. Amen.

3. God's Word

a) Isaiah 41:10 New King James Version (NKJV)

10 Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand
 
b) Psalm 34:19 New King James Version (NKJV)
 
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
 
c) 1 Peter 4:12-13 New King James Version (NKJV)
 
12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Christ’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. 

Comments