ABOUT STRESS (3)

1. Bible Verses and Quotes 

a) Stress can be debilitating in your Christian walk, but the Lord has a lot to say about it, and there are many Scriptures references that deal with the subject of stress.

Matthew 11:28-30

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Psalm 37:5

Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this.

Philippians 4:6-7

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. 

Luke 21:34

"Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap.

Romans 8:28

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  

Comments