GRACE FOR THE MOMENT | A CROSS-SHAPED SHADOW

1. Grace for the Moment

a) "Grace for the Moment" is a collection of thoughts that are inspirational. They are intended to encourage, to give hope, and to inspire the viewers.

b) Reading a thought can change the way you think about something.

2. Scripture Verse

i) John 1:29 New Century Version (NCV)

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him. John said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 

3. Thoughts

a) Jesus was born crucified. Whenever He became conscious of who He was, He also became conscious of what He had to do. The cross-shaped shadow could always be seen. And the screams of hell's imprisoned could always be heard.

b) This explains the glint of determination on His face as He face as He turned to go to Jerusalem for the last time. He was on his death march (Luke 9:51). 


Luke 9:51 New International Version (NIV)

51 As the time approached for him to be taken up to heaven, Jesus resolutely set out for Jerusalem.

c) This explains the resoluteness in the words, "The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life - only to take it up again. No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord" (John 10:17-18 NIV)... 


John 10:17-18 New International Version (NIV)

17 The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life—only to take it up again. 18 No one takes it from me, but I lay it down of my own accord. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father.”

d) So call it what you wish: An act of grace. A plan of redemption. A martyr's sacrifice. But whatever you call it, don't call it an accident. It was anything but that. 

Comments