GOSPELS HARMONY (222)

0. Introduction

a) All four books in the Bible that tell the story of Jesus Christ - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John - stand alone, emphasizing a unique aspect of Jesus' life. But when these are blended into one complete account, or harmonized, we gain new insights into the life of Christ.

III. Events: Death & Resurrection of Jesus Christ

1. Jesus again predicts Peter's denial.

a) Matthew 26:31-35

i) 31 Then Jesus said to them, “All of you will be made to stumble because of Me this night, for it is written: ‘I will strike the Shepherd, And the sheep of the flock will be scattered.’ 32 But after I have been raised, I will go before you to Galilee.”

33 Peter answered and said to Him, “Even if all are made to stumble because of You, I will never be made to stumble.” 34 Jesus said to him, “Assuredly, I say to you that this night, before the rooster crows, you will deny Me three times.” 35 Peter said to Him, “Even if I have to die with You, I will not deny You!” And so said all the disciples. (Matthew 26:31-35 NKJV)

b) Other Gospel references

i) Mark: 14:27-31

ii) Luke: None

iii) John: None 

Comments