GOD THE FATHER (14)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. God is your Father

(John 1:12-13)
But to as many as did receive and welcome Him [Jesus], He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God.

a) That is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name– Who owe their birth neither to bloods nor to the will of the flesh [that of physical impulse] nor to the will of man [that of a natural father], but to God. [They are born of God!]

(1 John 3:1)
Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God.

2. Other Scriptures

(John 15:16) 
You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit–fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

(John 16:24-28) 
Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete. {25} “Though I have been speaking figuratively, a time is coming when I will no longer use this kind of language but will tell you plainly about my Father. {26} In that day you will ask in my name. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf. {27} No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God. {28} I came from the Father and entered the world; now I am leaving the world and going back to the Father.”


The End ...

Comments