GOD IS COMPASSIONATE (18)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. God is Compassionate

a) God is moved by His compassion invite Jesus into your life and need. His compassion is drawn to humility. Like a river of love, God’s compassion flows to the lowest situation in your life, your greatest need, your greatest weakness, and your greatest failures. Whatever you lay low before the Lord He will be drawn to that area of your life. God gives grace to the humble, and His strength is made perfect in your weakness.

b) God says to you “I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.”

c) Jesus says, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance. The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor. Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” 

2. Other Scriptures

(Matthew 23:11-12 NIV) 
The greatest among you will be your servant. {12} For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

(Mark 1:40-42 NIV) 
A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees, “If you are willing, you can make me clean.” {41} Filled with compassion, Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” {42} Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cured.


The End ...

Comments