GRACE FOR THE MOMENT | CLOTHES OF SALVATION

1. Grace for the Moment

a) "Grace for the Moment" is a collection of thoughts that are inspirational. They are intended to encourage, to give hope, and to inspire the viewers.

b) Reading a thought can change the way you think about something.

2. Scripture Verse

i) 1 Corinthians 15:53 New Century Version (NCV)

53 This body that can be destroyed must clothe itself with something that can never be destroyed. And this body that dies must clothe itself with something that can never die.

3. Thoughts

a) Does Jesus care what clothes we wear? Apparently so. In fact, the Bible tells us exactly the wardrobe God desires.
 
Romans 13:14 New Century Version (NCV)
 
14 But clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ and forget about satisfying your sinful self.
 
Galatians 3:26-27 New Century Version (NCV)
 
26-27 You were all baptized into Christ, and so you were all clothed with Christ. This means that you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus.
 
b) This clothing has nothing to do with dresses and jeans and suits. God's concern is with our spiritual garment. He offers a heavenly robe that only heaven can see and only heaven can give. Listen to the words of Isaiah: "The Lord makes me very happy; all that I am rejoices in my God. He has covered me with clothes of salvation and wrapped me with a coat of goodness" (Isaiah 61:10).

Isaiah 61:10 New Century Version (NCV) 

10 The Lord makes me very happy;
    all that I am rejoices in my God.
He has covered me with clothes of salvation
    and wrapped me with a coat of goodness,
like a bridegroom dressed for his wedding,
    like a bride dressed in jewels. 

Comments