GRACE FOR THE MOMENT | A HIDDEN HERO

1. Grace for the Moment

a) "Grace for the Moment" is a collection of thoughts that are inspirational. They are intended to encourage, to give hope, and to inspire the viewers.

b) Reading a thought can change the way you think about something.

2. Scripture Verse

i) Philippians 4:12 New Century Version (NCV)

12 I know how to live when I am poor, and I know how to live when I have plenty. I have learned the secret of being happy at any time in everything that happens, when I have enough to eat and when I go hungry, when I have more than I need and when I do not have enough.

3. Thoughts

a) Peer into the prison and see Paul for yourself: bent and frail, shackled to the arm of  a Roman guard. Behold the apostle of God...

b) Dead broke. No family. No property. Nearsighted and worn out...

c) Doesn't look like a hero.

d) Doesn't sound like one either. He introduced himself as the worst sinner in history. He was a Christian-killer before he was a Christian leader. At times his heart was so heavy, Paul's pen drug itself across the page. "What a miserable man I am! Who will save me from this body that brings me death?" (Romans 7:24).

e) Only heaven knows how long he stared at the question before he found the courage to defy logic and write, "I thank God for saving me through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (Romans 7:25).  

Comments