PRAYING GOD'S WILL | GRIEF / HURTING (4)

1. Praying God's Will

a) What should you pray for? Scripture is clear that you should pray God's word. At the same time, you must never forget that God is sovereign and that He is not obligated to a name-it-and-claim-it theology. God will always do what is best. But at the same time you will do well to understand that when you pray God's word, you are actually praying both the mind and the perfect will of God for yourself.

b) If you follow a systematic plan of praying God's will, you will see dynamic growth take place in your life. You will become the man God intended you to be.

2. Grief / Hurting

a) God, You know the hurt in my life. And You already know other hurts that are yet to come to me. By and through Your word I pray that You will console me in a very special way. Wipe away my tears and bring joy back into my life. I pray Your own words for those results. Please hear and honor them in Jesus' name. Amen.

3. God's Word

a) Isaiah 51:11 New King James Version (NKJV)

11 So the ransomed of the Lord shall return,
And come to Zion with singing,
With everlasting joy on their heads.
They shall obtain joy and gladness;
Sorrow and sighing shall flee away.

b) Psalm 119:50 New King James Version (NKJV)

50 This is my comfort in my affliction,
For Your word has given me life.

c) 1 Peter 5:7 New King James Version (NKJV)

7 casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

d) 2 Corinthians 5:8 New King James Version (NKJV)

8 We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord. 

Comments