THE AFFECTIONS (4)

1. The Affections

a) Blessedness of making God the object of.

Psalm 91:14 
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.

b) Should not grow cold.

Psalm 106:12-13 
Then believed they his words; they sang his praise. 13 They soon forgat his works; they waited not for his counsel:

c) Of saints, supremely set on God.

Psalm 42:1 
As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

Psalm 73:25 
Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.

Psalm 119:10 
With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.

d) Of the wicked, not sincerely set on God.

Isaiah 58:1-2 
Cry aloud, spare not, lift up thy voice like a trumpet, and shew my people their transgression, and the house of Jacob their sins. 2 Yet they seek me daily, and delight to know my ways, as a nation that did righteousness, and forsook not the ordinance of their God: they ask of me the ordinances of justice; they take delight in approaching to God. 

Comments