BIBLE FACTS ABOUT ANGELS (3)

(Message by Tanny  Keng)

1. What Does the Bible Say About Angels? What are angels? Why were they created, and what do angels do?

a) Humans have always held a fascination for angels and angelic beings. For centuries artists have tried to capture the image of angels on canvas. However, it may surprise you to know that the Bible describes angels nothing at all like they are typically depicted (you know, those cute little chubby babies with wings). So, let's take a look at what the Bible says about angels.

b) Angels are mentioned 273 times in the Bible. Although we won't look at every instance, we shall look at what the Bible says about angels.


2. Some angels are invisible:


Job 4:15-18 
Then a spirit passed before my face;
The hair on my body stood up.
It stood still,
But I could not discern its appearance.
A form was before my eyes;
There was silence;
Then I heard a voice saying:
‘Can a mortal be more righteous than God?
Can a man be more pure than his Maker?
If He puts no trust in His servants,
If He charges His angels with error ... (NKJV) 

3. Angels are not meant to be worshipped:

Revelation 19:10 
And I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “See that you do not do that! I am your fellow servant, and of your brethren who have the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.” (NKJV) 

4. Angels have a will:

Isaiah 14:12-14 
How you have fallen from heaven,
O morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
you who once laid low the nations!
You said in your heart,
"I will ascend to heaven;
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of the sacred mountain.
I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High." (NIV)

Jude 1:6 
And the angels who did not keep their positions of authority but abandoned their own home—these he has kept in darkness, bound with everlasting chains for judgment on the great Day. (NIV)


The End ...

Comments