THE LORD'S SUPPER: EATING & DRINKING UNWORTHILY

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Eating And Drinking Unworthily

a) God will not forgive me my trespasses if I do not forgive others their trespasses. (Matthew 6:15) “But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread and drink of that cup” (1 Corinthians 11:28). I am not worthy to receive forgiveness if there is someone I cannot forgive. I testify against myself if I then drink of the cup. I pass sentence on myself.

b) We are to walk in fear throughout the time of our sojourn because we have been redeemed from our aimless conduct by the precious blood of Christ (1 Peter 1:17-19). Every person must examine himself whether he hates all aimless conduct; then he may break the bread and drink of the cup. I eat and drink unworthily if there is a fault in my life which I love and do not want to let go. He has given His blood to redeem me. I am judged, and I sin against the body and the blood of the Lord if I want to hold on to my fault.

Comments