ABOUT APOSTLE PAUL (1)

(Message by Tanny Keng)


1. What was the Hebrew Name of Apostle Paul?

a) "Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. . . . He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, 'Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?'" (Acts 9:1, 4, NIV)

2. Where was Paul born?

a) "Paul answered, 'I am a Jew, from Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of no ordinary city. . . .' " (Acts 21:39, NIV)

3. What tribe of Israel was he from?

a) "I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin." (Romans 11:1, NKJV)

4. In his youth, what kind of education did he receive and who taught him?

a) "'My manner of life from my youth, which was spent from the beginning among my own nation at Jerusalem, all the Jews know. They knew me from the first, if they were willing to testify, that according to the strictest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.' " (Acts 26:4-5, NKJV)

5. Was Paul (Saul) initially favorable toward believers in Christ?

a) Saul, taught in the ways of the self-righteous Pharisees who ultimately helped arrange for Jesus' death, had no love for Christians before his conversion. He was willing to go into people's home in order to find those believing in "the way," arrest them then throw them in prison (Acts 8).

Comments