ABOUT APOSTLE PAUL (4)

(Message by Tanny Keng)


1. Did Paul always receive financial support from the churches he served?

a) "Did I do wrong and cheapen myself and make you look down on me because I preached God's Good News to you without charging you anything? Instead I 'robbed' other churches by taking what they sent me and using it up while I was with you so that I could serve you without cost. And when that was gone and I was getting hungry, I still didn't ask you for anything . . . " (2 Corinthians 11:7-9, TLB)

2. Was he ever intimidated by any of the twelve apostles?

a) Paul was a man of strong convictions. Taught to be a Pharisee, he no doubt learned how to debate and argue with others over doctrines, teachings and traditions. He did not hesitate to confront the apostle Peter when he saw him acting contrary to the gospel (Galatians 1)!

3. Who were some of Paul's traveling companions?

a) The Bible names several people directly who Paul took on his five evangelistic missions. They are Barnabas (Acts 11:29-30), Mark (John Mark - Acts 12:25), Barsabas and Silas (Acts 15:22), Priscilla and Aquila (Acts 18:18), Sopater of Berea, Aristarchus, Secundus, Gaius, Tychicus, Trophimus and Timothy (Acts 20:4) and Luke (2 Timothy 4:11).

4. Were there any New Testament writers that referred to the Apostle?

a) "Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless; and consider that the long suffering of our Lord is salvation - as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you . . . " (2 Peter 3:14-15, NKJV

Comments