SOMETIMES I DON'T SHOWER FOR A WEEK


a) When you're depressed... there really is no way out. It's like you're drowning. You feel so heavy and I don't just mean what you're going through but the actual physical manifestation of your depression makes your body physically difficult to move. You feel like there are invisible weights on you. You have to use all of the strength that you have just to not give up. How am I supposed to do anything? How do I shower? How do I even get out of bed?

b) Being depressed affects your life in more ways that you know. When I made a decision to get a dog, it flipped my whole life upside down. From seeing darkness in everything, there was a little light seeping through to wake me up. A little affection to show me that my life meant more than my sadness. A little being to show me what love really is. 

c) Getting a dog has completely changed my life. My depression may not be cured but having him by my side against the big cruel world, definitely makes things better.

d) What about you? Do you have a dog? Tell us some of your dogs stories!

Comments