ABOUT FUNERAL (3)

1. Bible Verses and Quotes

a) God's Word provides tremendous strength and power during times of loss and death. Read over these Bible verses to receive comfort and encouragement that can only come through the hope we have in Jesus Christ. This collection of Scripture may provide the words needed to be heard during a funeral service, memorial, or in a sympathy letter.

Psalms 23:1-6
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters,  he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.  Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me  You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.  Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Psalm 34:18
The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Isaiah 57:1-2
The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil.  Those who walk uprightly enter into peace; they find rest as they lie in death.

Matthew 5:4
Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 

Comments