DON'T COME UP WITH EXCUSES!
1. Don't come up with excuses!a) Moses excuses
i) We know Moses was a great leader. A great man of God. But his was a long journey that began even before his pivotal encounter with God at a burning bush when he was 80 years old.
ii) That encounter changed his life—and the lives of generations to follow—forever. Moses answered God’s call from the bush with the words “Here I am” but whether out of apprehension or humility, he quickly added five excuses for not immediately doing as God asked:
Excuse 1: I’m not good enough
“Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?" (Exodus 3:11)
Excuse 2: I don’t have all the answers
“Then Moses said to God, “Indeed, when I come to the children of Israel and say to them, ‘The God of your fathers has sent me to you,’ and they say to me, ‘What is His name?’ what shall I say to them?” (Exodus 3:13)
Excuse 3: People won’t believe me
“Then Moses answered and said, “But suppose they will not believe me or listen to my voice; suppose they say, ‘The LORD has not appeared to you.’ ” (Exodus 4:1)
Excuse 4: I’m a terrible public speaker
“Then Moses said to the LORD, “O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither before nor since You have spoken to Your servant; but I am slow of speech and slow of tongue.”
(Exodus 4:10)
Excuse 5: I’m not qualified
“But he said, “O my Lord, please send by the hand of whomever else You may send.” (Exodus 4:13)
iii) God responded to his excuses in righteous anger. The excuses stopped and God called Aaron to serve alongside his brother. A man with the abilities Moses felt he lacked.
b) Why the call?
i) Sometimes God may call us into a situation where we feel that someone else could do a better job. But God calls us for a reason and a purpose even if all odds are against us, God is greater than those odds.
ii) God works with each of us where we are and takes us to where He wants us to be. We just need to be willing to leave behind the excuses.
iii) Please remember that if we are not qualified, he won't even put his rubber stamp of approval on it. It is alright if we may feel inadequate but don't come up with excuses!
Comments
Post a Comment