BIBLICAL VIEW | SOFT ANSWERS (2)

1. Introduction

Proverbs 15:1 New King James Version (NKJV)

A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. 
 
2. "Soft words" examples in the Bible...
 
a) Jacob preparing to meet his brother Esau.

i) In Genesis Chapters 32 and 33 - A remarkable and thoughtful approach to meeting his brother and his efforts to avoid being killed...

Genesis 33:8-11 New Living Translation (NLT)

“And what were all the flocks and herds I met as I came?” Esau asked.

Jacob replied, “They are a gift, my lord, to ensure your friendship.”

“My brother, I have plenty,” Esau answered. “Keep what you have for yourself.”

10 But Jacob insisted, “No, if I have found favor with you, please accept this gift from me. And what a relief to see your friendly smile. It is like seeing the face of God! 11 Please take this gift I have brought you, for God has been very gracious to me. I have more than enough.” And because Jacob insisted, Esau finally accepted the gift. 

Comments