WHAT IS GOD SAYING FOR 2018?

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. A Text Message

a) On the 2nd December 2017 early morning @4.33 am, I heard my mobile phone ringing. I woke up to take a look at my phone. It was a text message from my wife in New Zealand, visiting her brother, asking me this question:

"Good morning Tanny, what in your spirit says is the theme / focus for 2018?"

b) At that moment, I hadn't any slightest idea. 

c) As usual, I left for my morning walk @5.10 am in a small field near my house. As I was walking a few rounds, I began to think about what my wife was saying. Then, I began to inquire of the Lord what is He saying for 2018.  

2. What Is God Saying For 2018?

a) The Harvest

Luke 10:2
2 Then He said to them, “The harvest truly is great, but the laborers are few; therefore pray the Lord of the harvest to send out laborers into His harvest.

b) Raising Unknown Soldiers

i) It is not about our names, but about His Name! Therefore, God wants to anoint a new generation of "Nameless, Faceless" do great exploits. 

ii) The army that God is raising to use are unknown soldiers. These unknown soldiers are to do remarkable deeds. They are people who know God, people who have faith in Jesus, and people who believe.

Daniel 11:32
32 ... the people who know their God shall be strong, and carry out great exploits.

John 14:12
12 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father.

Mark 16:17-18
17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

c) God Wants His credit

i) God wants His credit for what's being accomplished in His Name and bless our efforts. However, it's so easy to long for the credit ourselves. 

ii) There is a passage in Luke 10:17-20, where Jesus has just sent out his disciples for ministry. They return overjoyed at how God had used them:

Luke 10:17-20
17 Then the seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” 18 And He said to them, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you. 20 Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather rejoice because your names are written in heaven.”

iii) If we really want to be like Jesus, we would stop setting up little ministry kingdom's for ourselves, and start serving others around us in the far eclipsing Kingdom of God! May God raise up a generation of "Nameless, Faceless" to usher in the return of Christ! 


The End ...

Comments