WHEN YOU'RE FEELING WEAK

1. Your Daily Prayer

a) Your daily prayer is a wonderful way to come before God every day with praise, supplication, with thanksgiving and requests.

i) Philippians 4:6-7 New King James Version (NKJV)

6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

b) Praying is such a vital tool for Christians to take hold of the power and strength God wants to give you! You may use the prayer guide below to help you jumpstart your prayer life and to begin a deeper relationship with God. 

2. When You’re Feeling Weak

Dear Father,

I come to you today feeling so weak and helpless. There are many thing on my plate, so many worries, so many uncertainties, so many things that I just can't do. Every time I think about what lies ahead for me, I feel overwhelmed. When I consider carrying this burden for days on end, I feel like I just might drown. Everything seems impossible.

You said to come to you with my burdens. The Bible says you are our "Rock" and our "Fortress." You are all knowing and all powerful. You know the burdens that I bear. You are not surprised by them. In fact, you've allowed them into my life. I may not know the purpose for them, but I do know that I can trust your goodness. You are always faithful to do what is best for me. You care most about my holiness, even above my immediate happiness. I ask that you remove this burden from me, take away my weakness, but ultimately, I desire most of all that your will be done.

I confess that I hate this weakness in me. I don't like not knowing what to do. I don't like being incapable and insufficient. Forgive me for wanting to be sufficient in myself. Forgive me for wanting to be in control. Forgive me for complaining and grumbling. Forgive me for doubting your love for me. And forgive me for not being willing to trust and rely on you and your grace.

When I look into the future and see my weakness, help me to trust you. May I, like Paul, embrace my weakness so that you can be my strength. May you work through my weakness to change me. May I glorify you in my weakness, looking away from myself and to the wonders of your amazing love through Christ.

Grant me gospel joy, even in the midst of this struggle. It's because of Jesus and through Jesus that I can pray, Amen.

Comments