ABOUT ORPHAN (3)

1. Bible Verses and Quotes

a) The Scriptures include many verses discussing orphans, as the Lord asks Christians to be kind and generous to the fatherless children of the world. 

Lamentations 5:3
We have become orphans and fatherless, our mothers like widows.

 Proverbs 23:10
Do not move an ancient boundary stone or encroach on the fields of the fatherless,

Psalm 94:6
They slay the widow and the alien; they murder the fatherless.

Isaiah 58:7
Is it not to share your food with the hungry and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter-- when you see the naked, to clothe him, and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?

Job 31:16-18
"If I have denied the desires of the poor or let the eyes of the widow grow weary,  if I have kept my bread to myself, not sharing it with the fatherless--  but from my youth I reared him as would a father, and from my birth I guided the widow. 

Comments