GOSPELS HARMONY (143)

0. Introduction

a) All four books in the Bible that tell the story of Jesus Christ - Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John - stand alone, emphasizing a unique aspect of Jesus' life. But when these are blended into one complete account, or harmonized, we gain new insights into the life of Christ.

II. Events: Message & Ministry of Jesus Christ

1. Jesus warns about coming division.

 a) Luke 12:49-53

i) 49 “I came to send fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! 50 But I have a baptism to be baptized with, and how distressed I am till it is accomplished! 51 Do you suppose that I came to give peace on earth? I tell you, not at all, but rather division. 52 For from now on five in one house will be divided: three against two, and two against three. 53 Father will be divided against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against her daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.” (Luke 12:49-53 NKJV)

b) Other Gospel references

i) Matthew: None

ii) Mark: None

iii) John: None 

Comments