PRAYING GOD'S WILL | CONFIDENCE (1)

1. Praying God's Will

a) What should you pray for? Scripture is clear that you should pray God's word. At the same time, you must never forget that God is sovereign and that He is not obligated to a name-it-and-claim-it theology. God will always do what is best. But at the same time you will do well to understand that when you pray God's word, you are actually praying both the mind and the perfect will of God for yourself.

b) If you follow a systematic plan of praying God's will, you will see dynamic growth take place in your life. You will become the man God intended you to be.

2. Confidence

Lord Jesus, based upon God's word I call upon You to fill me with confidence. Give me the spiritual confidence to know that whatever I ask in Your name I will receive. Fill me with the confidence that only You can give. Thank You for honoring Your word and my prayers. Amen.

3. God's Word

a) Romans 8:33 New King James Version (NKJV)

33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.

b) Isaiah 43:2-3 New King James Version (NKJV)

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you;
And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned,
Nor shall the flame scorch you.
For I am the Lord your God,
The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I gave Egypt for your ransom,
Ethiopia and Seba in your place.
 
c) 1 John 5:14-15 New King James Version (NKJV)
 
14 Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. 15 And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

d) Zechariah 4:6 New King James Version (NKJV)

So he answered and said to me:
“This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel:
‘Not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit,’
Says the Lord of hosts. 

Comments