BENEFITS OF SALVATION | PRAYER (1)

1. Benefits of Salvation

a) We are reconciled by the blood of Jesus. All fear is taken away. We are now free to come into God's presence. We also have a High Priest, our Lord Jesus Christ. So we can "draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith", Hebrews 10:19-22.

2. What is Prayer?

a) Prayer is one precious benefit which is ours through salvation. It is also a great help as we try to live for Christ day by day. What does the Bible teach about prayer? There are two laws of prayer.

i) The first one depends on God's love and power: God will give you everything you ask for in Jesus' name. Did Christ really teach this? Think about these verses:

@1. Everyone who ask receives, Matthew 7:7-8.

@2. If you ask anything in my name, I will do it, John 14;14.

@3. If you ask anything of the Father in my name, He will give it to you, John 16:23.

b) These wonderful verses and many more show us the first law of prayer. But the second law limits the first. It is based on the wisdom and holiness of God. His love and power must work with His wisdom and holiness. The second law says that: God will only give His children what is best for them.

i) Your Father will give good things to them that ask Him, not a stone or a serpent, Matthew 7:9-11.

ii) That the Father may be glorified in the Son, John 14:13.

c) If my prayer does not glorify the Father, I should not ask. If I do ask, the Son will not give me what I asked for.

i) That your joy may be full, John 16:24.

d) I may pray for something I think will bring me pleasure. But instead of giving me what I asked for, God will give me something else that will bring me full joy now and for eternity as well. 

Comments