CHRIST, THE PERFECT MAN

1. Christ, the perfect man

a) Jesus Christ was just like all men in every important point, except sin.

b) Sin is doing what God does not want you to do and refusing to do what He does want you to do. God must act according to His own character, and so must Christ.

c) Only Christ could say, "As my Father hath taught me, I speak these things... I do always those things that please Him", John 8:28-29.

d) Even His enemies had to agree that He had not done anything wrong:

i) Which of you convinces me of sin? John 8:46.

ii) Pilate said, "I find no crime in him", John 19:4, 6.

e) God showed that He was pleased with Christ:

i)  "This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased", Matthew 3:17; 17:5.

f) More than that, God raised Him from the dead. This shows more than anything else that God found His Son to he a perfect Man. He did not sin, 1 Peter 1;22. He knew no sin, 2 Corinthians 5:21. 

Comments