RESULTS OF SALVATION | ASSURANCE (1)

1. Results of Salvation

a) People who are "saved" have received salvation. The word salvation tells many wonderful things that God supplies for those who accept Christ. Some of these are past and can never be changed again. Some are in the present time, going on day by day, 1 Peter 1:9. Others will come to pass in the future.

b) "Salvation ready to be revealed in the last time", 1 Peter 1:5.

c) For now, we will think about the present side of salvation, in another later, future salvation.

d) The word sanctify means to set apart for God. Since God is holy, sanctify can mean to make someone holy, or to make a person a saint. All believers are saints, Romans 1:7. They have been made holy, have been set apart for God by the Holy Spirit. But sanctification is something that goes day by day as well. The Lord who sanctifies and they who are being sanctified are all of one, Hebrews 2:11.

e) Sanctification is not only a thing of the present time. It is past, 1 Corinthians 6:11, and also will continue until Christ makes us perfect, Ephesians 5:26-27.

2. What is Assurance?

a) Part of the fruit of the Spirit is peace, Galatians 5:22. But how can I have peace in my heart if I am afraid I may lose my salvation? God never wanted ti to be so. In giving salvation, He wants us to know we are saved, and to have peace. One great result of salvation is assurance.

b) It is possible to be saved and not know it. The Bible teaches that my salvation depends completely on the work of the Lord Jesus Christ when He died on the cross for my sins. If my salvation depends on my works, I can never know for sure that I am saved. But because Christ did all that is necessary, I can know I am saved. In fact to doubt it is sinful unbelief.

i) These things I write to you that believe on the name of the Son of God that you may know that you have eternal life, 1 John 5:13.

c) Because of the work of Christ we are completely safe for eternity. As we read this in the Bible, the Word of God, and receive it, we receive peace in our minds and the assurance of salvation. 

Comments