SHEEPFOLD THEMES | A KINGDOM IN WHICH THE WEAK ARE STRONG

1. Sheepfold Themes

a) The Sheepfold Parables we looked at in John chapter 10, contain all seven themes.

b) Here is one of them.

2. A Kingdom In Which The Weak Are Strong

John 10:27-29
27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.

a) The very image of the sheep protected in a sheepfold and guarded by a shepherd against the wolves or against thieves, suggests weakness and vulnerability. A flock of sheep survives by the strength of their shepherd. They themselves are weak and lowly — a fitting picture for us who follow Jesus. Yet though we have no strength of our own, we are made strong in Christ and the Father. "He is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch [the sheep] out of the Father’s hand."  

Comments