ABOUT CHILDREN (4)

1. Bible Verses and Quotes

a) Read verses about how children are a blessing from God and other children related topics, such as parents, family, faith, and death. Read verses from the Holy Bible about children in relation to God, Jesus Christ, and the Christian faith. 

i) Proverbs 1:8-9

Listen, my son, to your father's instruction and do not forsake your mother's teaching.  They will be a garland to grace your head and a chain to adorn your neck.

ii) Exodus 20:5-6

You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,  but showing love to a thousand [ generations] of those who love me and keep my commandments.

iii) Deuteronomy 11:19

Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

iv) Mark 9:36-37

He took a little child and had him stand among them. Taking him in his arms, he said to them,  "Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me."

v) Colossians 3:20

Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. 

Comments