ABOUT ORPHAN (1)

1. Bible Verses and Quotes

a) The Scriptures include many verses discussing orphans, as the Lord asks Christians to be kind and generous to the fatherless children of the world. 

James 1:27
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

John 14:28
"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.

Psalm 68:5
A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy dwelling.

 Psalm 146:9
The LORD watches over the alien and sustains the fatherless and the widow, but he frustrates the ways of the wicked.

Job 29:12
because I rescued the poor who cried for help, and the fatherless who had none to assist him. 

Comments