SAFE WORD: KINDNESS

(Message by Tanny Keng)

0. Introduction

a) Many a time we use and speak word so easily without thinking much of whether such word is correct  to use in our daily conversation. We treat it lightly. Word such as "LUCK" is not found in the Bible and yet we often use it.

b) Why is it so necessary to learn to use and speak the correct word? Matthew 12:36-37 has a lot to say about it.

i) 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” (Matthew 12:36-37 NKJV)

c) We will have to give an account of ourselves (Romans 14:12), every idle (careless, empty, thoughtless, worthless) word we speak (Matthew 12:36) and every work (deed) including every secret (hidden) thing whether good or evil (Ecclesiastes 12:14) in the day of judgment. For that reason, it compels us to use and speak the correct word or words especially God's Word. It's safe to use and we can learn a lot from its intended meaning.

1. Safe word:

a) Kindness - benevolent; favorably disposed; gentle; forbearing; a fruit of the Spirit (see Galatians 5:22-23)

2. Biblical references:

a) Psalms 117:2

i)For His merciful kindness is great toward us, And the truth of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord! (Psalms 117:2 NKJV)    

b) Isaiah 54:10

i) 10 For the mountains shall depart, And the hills be removed, But My kindness shall not depart from you, Nor shall My covenant of peace be removed,” Says the Lord, who has mercy on you. (Isaiah 54:10 NKJV)

c) Romans 12:10

i) 10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another. (Romans 12:10 NKJV)

d) 1 Corinthians 13:4

i) Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. (1 Corinthians 13:1-6 NKJV) 


The End ...

Comments