UNSAFE WORD: FURY

(Message by Tanny Keng)

0. Introduction

a) Many a time we use and speak word so easily without thinking much of whether such word is correct  to use in our daily conversation. We treat it lightly. Word such as "LUCK" is not found in the Bible and yet we often use it.

b) Why is it so necessary to learn to use and speak the correct word? Matthew 12:36-37 has a lot to say about it.

i) 36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.” (Matthew 12:36-37 NKJV)

c) We will have to give an account of ourselves (Romans 14:12), every idle (careless, empty, thoughtless, worthless) word we speak (Matthew 12:36) and every work (deed) including every secret (hidden) thing whether good or evil (Ecclesiastes 12:14) in the day of judgment. For that reason, it compels us to use and speak the correct word or words especially God's Word. It's safe to use and we can learn a lot from its intended meaning.

d) Having said that, we know that there are some words that are unpleasant and contrary to God's desire and plan that we should discard such attitude or activity or way. There are unsafe for our lives.

1. Unsafe word:

a) Fury - wrath; fierceness.

2. Biblical references:

a) Isaiah 27:4: 63:3

i) Fury is not in Me. Who would set briers and thorns, Against Me in battle? I would go through them, I would burn them together. (Isaiah 27:4 NKJV)

ii)  “I have trodden the winepress alone, And from the peoples no one was with Me. For I have trodden them in My anger, And trampled them in My fury; Their blood is sprinkled upon My garments, And I have stained all My robes. (Isaiah 63:3 NKJV)

b) Ezekiel 6:12 

i) 12 He who is far off shall die by the pestilence, he who is near shall fall by the sword, and he who remains and is besieged shall die by the famine. Thus will I spend My fury upon them. (Ezekiel 6:12 NKJV) 

c) Micah 5:15

i) 15 And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury, On the nations that have not heard.  (Micah 5:15 NKJV)  


The End ...

Comments