PRAYING GOD'S WILL | DISTRESS / SADNESS (1)

1. Praying God's Will

a) What should you pray for? Scripture is clear that you should pray God's word. At the same time, you must never forget that God is sovereign and that He is not obligated to a name-it-and-claim-it theology. God will always do what is best. But at the same time you will do well to understand that when you pray God's word, you are actually praying both the mind and the perfect will of God for yourself.

b) If you follow a systematic plan of praying God's will, you will see dynamic growth take place in your life. You will become the man God intended you to be.

2. Distress / Sadness


God in heaven, You have promised the comfort of the Holy Spirit to us in times such as this. I ask You for a special comforting for me. Your word says that while sadness may come upon me that my joy will return in the morning. Remove my distress. Take my sadness. And honor these Your words that I am about to pray. Thank You in Jesus' name. Amen.

3. God's Word

a) Psalm 119:121 New King James Version (NKJV)

121 I have done justice and righteousness;
Do not leave me to my oppressors.
 
b) Psalm 119:141 New King James Version (NKJV)
 
141 I am small and despised,
Yet I do not forget Your precepts.
 
c) Psalm 119:143-144 New King James Version (NKJV)
 
143 Trouble and anguish have overtaken me,
Yet Your commandments are my delights.
144 The righteousness of Your testimonies is everlasting;
Give me understanding, and I shall live
 
d) Isaiah 54:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
 
14 In righteousness you shall be established;
You shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear;
And from terror, for it shall not come near you. 

Comments