HAVING A BAD DAY?

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Having a bad day?

a) So you had a bad day? The Bible has several cool Bible verses to help Christians brighten up or reflect on their attitude for the day.

2. What the Bible says

a) Enjoy peace

John 16:33 
I have said these things to you, thatin me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.”

2 Thessalonians 3:16 
Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times in every way. The Lord be with you all.

b) Hope in God

Zephaniah 3:17
The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save;  he will rejoice over you with gladness;  he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Jeremiah 29:11-12
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.

c) Do not worry

1 Peter 5:6-7
Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you,  casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Philippians 4:6-7
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

d) Take it to God in prayer

Psalms 50:15 
And call upon me in the day of trouble;    I will deliver you, and you shall glorify me.”

Matthew 7:7
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

e) Rejoice

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.

f) Rest

Matthew 11:28-30 
Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.” 


The End ...

Comments