SHEEPFOLD THEMES | THE SEVERITY OF GOD

1. Sheepfold Themes

a) The Sheepfold Parables we looked at in John chapter 10, contain all seven themes.

b) Here is one of them.

2. The Severity Of God

John 10:24-28
24 The Jews then gathered around Him, and were saying to Him, “How long will You keep us in suspense? If You are the Christ, tell us plainly.” 25 Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. 26 But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

a) Jesus says, "I give eternal life to my sheep and they shall never perish" after saying to the Jewish leaders "You are not my sheep". The clear implication here is, "You shall perish. There will be no eternal life for you". On those who enter by Jesus the door, and follow Jesus the shepherd God will bestow grace, but those who refuse will know God’s wrath.  

Comments