WHO IS A GOD LIKE OURS? (3)

1. Who Is A God Like Ours?

a) The daily news can sound rather hopeless. There are wars and rumors of wars, global warming, economic challenges, and the list could go on. For some it is not the big global issues that have struck your heart with fear. It is the family member facing a debilitating disease, a broken relationship that seems irreconcilable, or a problem that seems too big to handle.

b) Gaze into the night sky to enjoy the stars in their full splendor. God is so mighty that he spoke this vast universe into existence. At the same time he is so intimate that he calls each star by name and not one of them is missing. How much more so does he care about us and what concerns us today? When have you asked the one question that you need to be asking? All of our “Why?” and “What if?” questions are answered in this one question, the “Who” question, “Who is a God like ours?”

i) Who is like the Lord our God?

@1. Who sits enthroned on high, who looks down on the heavens and the earth? (Psalm 113:5-6)

ii) I AM the Lord, and there is no other, says the Lord.

@1. Apart from Me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged Me, so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the Lord, do all these things. (Isaiah 45:5-7)

iii) Who is a God like me, says the Lord.

@1. Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are My witnesses. Is there any God besides Me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one. (Isaiah 44:8)

iv) There is none like me, says the Lord.

@1. There is no God apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other. Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which men must be saved. (Isaiah 45:21-22, Acts 4:12)

Comments