FEARS & WORRIES

1. Fears And Worries

a) What are your fears for today, your worries for tomorrow?

b) Many a time we let fears lingering in our minds. Sometimes even unfounded ones. Not only do we brood over them but also nurture them to the extent that they become so real. Then we become afraid of it!

@1. Isaiah 41:13-14 TLB
"[13] I am holding you by your right hand - I, the Lord your God - and I say to you, Don't be afraid; I am here to help you. [14] Despised though you are, fear not, O Israel; for I will help you. I am the Lord, your Redeemer; I am the Holy One of Israel."

@2. Psalm 23:4 TLB
"[4] Even when walking through the dark valley of death I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me, guarding, guiding all the way."

c) Most of the time we worry practically about everything, about things in the future that may not even happen at all. We worry and worry! We seem to enjoy it! But it is not helping at all!

@1. Luke 12:22-26 TLB
"[22] Then turning to his disciples he said, "Don't worry about whether you have enough food to eat or clothes to wear. 

[23] For life consists of far more than food and clothes. 

[24] Look at the ravens-they don't plant or harvest or have barns to store away their food, and yet they get along all right-for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! 

[25] "And besides, what's the use of worrying? What good does it do? Will it add a single day to your life? Of course not!

[26] And if worry can't even do such little things as that, what's the use of worrying over bigger things?"

Comments