SUFFERING (3)

1. Bible Topic

a) To learn what the Bible has to say on a variety of topics affecting our everyday lives, we may find what we are looking for here.

2. Suffering

a) Does Jesus know how I feel? Jesus identifies with our suffering and tough times, and He is always available to help us. It’s in the Bible, Hebrews 4:15-16, NKJV. "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

b) Does God care that I'm hurting? It's in the Bible, 1 Peter 5:7, NKJV. "casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you."

c) God keeps track of your tears. It’s in the Bible, Psalm 56:8, NKJV. “You number my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle; are they not in Your book?

d) What if I feel like I can't handle it? God will not allow you to suffer more than you can bear. It's in the Bible, 1 Corinthians 10:13, NKJV. "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."

e) The moment of your greatest weakeness, is the moment when divine help is nearest. It's in the Bible, 2 Corinthians 12:9-10, "And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.' Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong."

f) The suffering we experience in this life is temporary, but the joy of heaven will be eternal. It’s in the Bible, 2 Corinthians 4:17-18, NKJV. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal. 

Comments