A TRIPARTITE BEING

1. A Tripartite Being

a) Man (male / female) is a tripartite being - spirit, soul and body. 

@1. Spirit - worships and may contact God. 

@2. Soul - conscious and subconscious minds, emotions and will.

@3. Body (flesh) - a complex physical creation, relates to his world and other people in the world.

b) Man came into being (a living soul) at first by the breath of God. Created from the dust of the earth (Genesis 2:7).

c) Paul's struggle with sinful flesh: - And I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. I want to do what is right, but I can’t. I want to do what is good, but I don’t. I don’t want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway. But if I do what I don’t want to do, I am not really the one doing wrong; it is sin living in me that does it. (Romans 7:18‭-‬20 NLT)

d) Your soul always struggles with either your spirit or flesh. That's why you must allow your spirit to grow strong and starve the lustful desires of your flesh.

e) When your spirit is strong, your soul will be inclined towards your spirit and thus you can tap into the supernatural miracles by faith because your spirit is the gateway to the Spirit if God.

f) Sometimes you find it hard to distinguish between your spirit and soul because both are closely inter-wined. Most of the time when God speaks you are not aware and think it is your soul.

g) When your living quota on earth has expired, your body returns to earth, your soul returns to heaven or hell and your spirit returns to God.

Comments