FORSAKEN (2)

1. Bible Topic

a) To learn what the Bible has to say on a variety of topics affecting our everyday lives, we may find what we are looking for here.

2. Forsaken

a) Forsaking God and His judgments brings trouble to ourselves and those around us. It’s in the Bible, 1 Kings 18:18, NKJV. “He [Elijah] answered, ‘I have not troubled Israel, but you and your father’s house have, in that you have forsaken the commandments of the LORD and have followed the Baals.’”

b) God will punish those who forsake His laws of justice. It’s in the Bible, Psalm 89:30-33, NKJV. “If his sons forsake My law and do not walk in My judgments, if they break My statutes and do not keep My commandments, then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. Nevertheless My loving-kindness I will not utterly take from him, nor allow My faithfulness to fail.”

c) When we make mistakes, it doesn’t mean God has forsaken us. It’s in the Bible, Nehemiah 9:17, NKJV. “They refused to obey, and they were not mindful of Your wonders that You did among them. But they hardened their necks, and in their rebellion they appointed a leader to return to their bondage. But You are God, ready to pardon, gracious and merciful, slow to anger, abundant in kindness, and did not forsake them.”

d) Meeting opposition and difficult trials does not mean God has forsaken you. It’s in the Bible, 2 Corinthians 4:8-9, NKJV. “We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed.”

e) In our trials, when we feel that God has forsaken us, God is closer than you feel. It's in the Bible, Jeremiah 23:23, “Am I a God near at hand,” says the Lord, “And not a God afar off?"

f) God has promised to be with you; what is there to fear? It’s in the Bible, Hebrews 13:5, 6, NKJV. “Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’ So we may boldly say: ‘The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?’ ” 

Comments