PSALMS (22 - 1)

0. Introduction

a) Psalms is a great collection of songs and prayers expresses the heart and soul of humanity. In them, the whole range of human experiences is expressed. David and the other writers honestly pour out their true feelings, reflecting a dynamic, powerful, and life-changing relationship with God. The psalmists confess their sins, express their doubts and fears, ask God for help in times of trouble, and praise and worship him.

b) As you read Psalms, let the honesty of the psalmists guide you into a deep and genuine relationship with God.

1. Psalms 22 (1)

a) To the Chief Musician. Set to "The Deer of the Dawn." A Psalm of David.

2. Theme:

a) A prayer that carries us from great suffering to great joy. Despite apparent rejection by his friends and God, David believed that God would lead him out of despair. He looked forward to that future day when God would rule over the entire earth.

3. Author:

a) David.

4. Scripture text: Psalms 22:1-11

i) My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?
Why are You so far from helping Me,
And from the words of My groaning?
O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear;
And in the night season, and am not silent.


But You are holy,
Enthroned in the praises of Israel.
Our fathers trusted in You;
They trusted, and You delivered them.
They cried to You, and were delivered;
They trusted in You, and were not ashamed.
But I am a worm, and no man;
A reproach of men, and despised by the people.
All those who see Me ridicule Me;
They shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
“He trusted in the Lord, let Him rescue Him;
Let Him deliver Him, since He delights in Him!”   


But You are He who took Me out of the womb;
You made Me trust while on My mother’s breasts.
10 I was cast upon You from birth.
From My mother’s womb
You have been My God.
11 Be not far from Me,
For trouble is near;
For there is none to help. (Psalms 22:1-11 NKJV) 

Comments