PRAYING GOD'S WILL | GODLY LIFE (13)

1. Praying God's Will

a) What should you pray for? Scripture is clear that you should pray God's word. At the same time, you must never forget that God is sovereign and that He is not obligated to a name-it-and-claim-it theology. God will always do what is best. But at the same time you will do well to understand that when you pray God's word, you are actually praying both the mind and the perfect will of God for yourself.

b) If you follow a systematic plan of praying God's will, you will see dynamic growth take place in your life. You will become the man God intended you to be.

2. God Life

Lord Jesus, my Lord and Savior, more than anything else I desire that I will live a godly life in Your sight. Your words are my prayers to You. Please honor them by keeping me in the center of Your will in all that I do. Thank You for all that You do and especially for honoring this my prayer. Amen.

3. God's Word

a) Philippians 3:8-10 New King James Version (NKJV)

Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; 10 that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death.

b) 1 John 1:9 New King James Version (NKJV)

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

c) Isaiah 32:17 New King James Version (NKJV)


17 The work of righteousness will be peace,
And the effect of righteousness, quietness and assurance forever.

d) Psalm 1:1-3 New King James Version (NKJV)

Blessed is the man

Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
    Nor stands in the path of sinners,
    Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    And in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
    Planted by the rivers of water,
    That brings forth its fruit in its season,
    Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper. 

Comments