WHAT MAKES GOD JEALOUS?

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. A Jealous God

a) Atheists are fond of making lists of Old Testament quotes about God being jealous, and other quotes that make this jealous God appear cruel, vindictive, and unjust.

2. What Makes God Jealous?

a) "They have made me jealous with what is no god; they have provoked me to anger with their idols. So I will make them jealous with those who are no people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation." (Deuteronomy 32:21).

b) Of course idols make God jealous. Idols are spurious gods.  

c) If there is one God, and all other gods are figments, it should come as no surprise that God is pleased with those who have "turned away from idols to serve the living and true God" (1 Thessalonians 1:9).

d) We should also expect God to demand, "You shall have no other gods besides me; you shall not make an idol" (Exodus 20:3-4), and to warn of the severe and lasting consequences of disobedience. 


The End ...

Comments