ANYONE ELSE RESURRECTED WITH JESUS (1)?

(Message by Tanny Keng)


0. Introduction

a) In Leviticus 23 God gave commands regarding one of his Feast days, the Feast of Unleavened Bread. In verses 10-11 the Lord told Moses for Israel:

i) "'When you come into the land which I give to you, and reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf (margin: handful or omer) of the first-fruits of your harvest to the priest. He shall wave the sheaf before the Lord, to be accepted on your behalf; on the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it . . .' " (Leviticus 23:10-11, NKJV throughout).

1. How was Jesus a first-fruit?

a) Just as the wave-sheaf was first-fruits, Jesus was the "first of the first-fruits" (1Corinthians 15:20, 23). Through the type of the wave-sheaf we see that the resurrected Jesus appeared to the Father on the morrow after the Sabbath during the days of unleavened bread, ascending to heaven and becoming the true spiritual waving of the first resurrected from the dead:

i) "'Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.' " (John 20:17).

b) He appeared (waved) before God. Jesus was the wave-sheaf for the FIRST resurrection, the resurrection to eternal life. 

Comments