GOD THE FATHER (3)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. God is your Father

(John 1:12-13)
But to as many as did receive and welcome Him [Jesus], He gave the authority (power, privilege, right) to become the children of God.

a) That is, to those who believe in (adhere to, trust in, and rely on) His name– Who owe their birth neither to bloods nor to the will of the flesh [that of physical impulse] nor to the will of man [that of a natural father], but to God. [They are born of God!]

(1 John 3:1)
Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God.

2. Other Scriptures

(Psalms 139:13-14) 
For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. {14} I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

(Proverbs 3:11-12) 
My son, do not despise the Lord’s discipline and do not resent his rebuke, {12} because the LORD disciplines those he loves, as a father the son he delights in.


The End ...

Comments