PSALMS 51 (2)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

0. Introduction

a) Psalms is a great collection of songs and prayers expresses the heart and soul of humanity. In them, the whole range of human experiences is expressed. David and the other writers honestly pour out their true feelings, reflecting a dynamic, powerful, and life-changing relationship with God. The psalmists confess their sins, express their doubts and fears, ask God for help in times of trouble, and praise and worship him.

b) As you read Psalms, let the honesty of the psalmists guide you into a deep and genuine relationship with God.

1. Psalms 51 (2)

a) To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David when Nathan the prophet went to him, after he had gone in to Bathsheba.

2. Theme:

a) David's plea for mercy, forgiveness, and cleansing. God wants our hearts to be right with him.

3. Author:

a) David.

4. Scripture text: Psalms 51:10-19

a) 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.

12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

 
13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You.
14 Deliver me from the guilt of bloodshed, O God,
The God of my salvation,
And my tongue shall sing aloud of Your righteousness.
15 O Lord, open my lips,
And my mouth shall show forth Your praise.
16 For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;
You do not delight in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart—
These, O God, You will not despise. 


18 Do good in Your good pleasure to Zion;
Build the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then You shall be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness,
With burnt offering and whole burnt offering;
Then they shall offer bulls on Your altar. (Psalms 51:10-19 NKJV)

 
 
The End ...

Comments