ENEMIES: BIBLE VERSES (2)

(Message by Tanny Keng)

1. Enemies

a) The Bible is God’s word to us.  Far to often, we take it for granted and don’t revere and treasure the word of God as we should.  One of the reasons that it is important that we read and know God’s word is because the Bible often tells us things that we would never grasp on our own.  Some things just don’t seem to make sense to our finite minds.  The words that we find in the Bible about enemies is one of those areas.  Our culture and society tells us to live for ourselves and to grab all of the gusto for ourselves.  Loving and forgiving our enemies is counter to our own sense of reasoning.   

Luke 6:27
But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you.

2. Bible Verses

Romans 12:20 
To the contrary, “if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head.”

1 Samuel 26:21 
Then Saul said, “I have sinned. Return, my son David, for I will no more do you harm, because my life was precious in your eyes this day. Behold, I have acted foolishly, and have made a great mistake.”

Job 31:29  
“If I have rejoiced at the ruin of him who hated me, or exulted when evil overtook him."


The End ...

Comments