ACCESS TO GOD (5)

1. Access to God

a) Saints earnestly seek.

Psalm 27:4 
One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.

Psalm 42:1 
As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.

Psalm 43:3 
O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.

Psalm 84:1-2 
How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts! 2 My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

b) The wicked commanded to seek.

Isaiah 55:6 
Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

James 4:8 
Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

c) Urge others to seek.

Isaiah 2:3 
And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem.

Jeremiah 31:6 
For there shall be a day, that the watchmen upon the mount Ephraim shall cry, Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion unto the LORD our God.

Comments