BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS

BE STRONG AND COURAGEOUS

Bible Verse: Joshua 1:9

“Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.”

1-Minute Explanation

Joshua faced a responsibility far greater than his own ability. Moses was gone, the future was uncertain and a demanding assignment was before him. God's instruction was not based on Joshua's strength but on God's presence. Courage is not the absence of fear. Courage is choosing obedience even when fear is present because we trust the One who goes with us.

THE TWIST

The question is not simply, “Am I strong enough?” The deeper question is, “Do I trust God enough to move forward despite my weakness?”

WHAT CAN I LEARN?

I learn that courage is rooted in God's presence rather than personal confidence. I do not need to feel powerful before I obey God.

HOW DOES IT APPLY TO ME?

What decision have I been avoiding because I am afraid? What assignment have I delayed because I feel inadequate? I should ask God for courage and then take the next obedient step.

FINAL REFLECTIONS

Sometimes courage begins with one simple decision: “I will go forward because God is with me.”

PRAYER

Lord, strengthen my heart. When fear tells me to retreat, remind me of Your presence. Give me courage to obey, wisdom to act and confidence that I do not walk alone. Amen.

TAKEAWAY

Courage is not knowing that you are strong; it is knowing that God is with you.

Comments